How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings! (Ps 36:7 msg)

Friday, January 27, 2012

What is your passion?

Goliath
Today I conquered my Goliath hill again.  With a cold.  While it was 38 degrees.  With a sore gluteus maximus from a previous work out.  And at the end of a 6 mile run.  Am I bragging yet??  I feel such a sense of accomplishment after I complete a work out.  This proud of myself-I can do anything feeling is wonderful.  I'm not saying I didn't have battles before the workout.  Who wants to run when its 38 degrees?  With a cold?

Before each hard workout or race, I always get nerves that make my stomach upset.  I don't know why, it's very silly.  But, I make myself do it and I'm always glad I did.  During my run this morning, I encountered 2 very angry looking dogs, 4 beautiful deer, and one mischievous coyote.  The coyote looked like he was wanting some calf steak for breakfast, so I scared him off.. because I want to be a cow's hero.  Ha!

Anyways, all of God's creatures coming across me this morning reminded me of how small my world is.  I get so consumed with the drama and everyday tasks that I forget that this is a HUGE world that God created.  There is life all around me that I am completely unaware of.  In fact, I probably miss a lot of nature if my music is too loud or my focus is too concentrated.  I become so obsessed with whatever task I am involved in at the moment or goal I am trying to meet, that I forget to slow down and see what is happening around me.

God is speaking to me a lot these days.  I hear him frequently in the morning, when I run, and through my children.  I have made it a priority to spend 15 minutes with Him each morning before anyone wakes up in my house.  It is quiet and peaceful and I love it.

This week, I heard Him during Wednesday night church.  Our associate pastor was speaking on how passions engulf us so much so that it is evident to those around us.  My passions, in this moment, are running and training, cooking, writing, hearing God speaking to me, and working on being a better mother and wife.  I would be offended if my children went to another adult with questions on how to cook something.  I would also be offended if they asked to go run with someone else instead of me.  But they don't.  They know to come to me with those topics just like their Papa has answers to all their hunting and fishing questions.

In that same sense, do my children know I am passionate about Christ?  Not talking and teaching about Him constantly is communicating that to them.  I NEVER want them to think they have to ask their Sunday school teacher the deeper spiritual questions.  My passion for Christ needs to be evident in how I act, what I say, and how I spend my time.  I ONLY have 18 years to mold them.  And for Cole, that just means 8 more years...

Nothing could make me happier than getting reports that my children continue diligently in the way of Truth.  3 John 1:4
I know it's hard to see, but there's a large deer staring me down as I stop to pull out my camera!
And now he is hiding with his 3 friends in the woods looking at me running by :)
I stole this off the web... the class that made my hiney ache so!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment