How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings! (Ps 36:7 msg)

Saturday, February 4, 2012

43 miles

Yay, me!!  Today I ran 8 miles.  I've never run that far at once before.  The most I've ever run was 7 miles.. but it was on accident.. and there were no hills..  :)  I'm in a little pain now.. My legs are crampy and my hip is a little sore.  BUT, I'm proud of myself.  What a great start to February!!

I totaled up my January mileage... 43 miles!  However, I'm starting to get nervous about the Tough Mudder.  I feel like I'm training more for the half marathon.  I'm doing a couple strength training classes and stuff on my own,  but I'm not sure it's enough.  There are about 10 people on my team (and I don't really know any of them!) and they seem to be taking this WAY serious.  What if I can't keep up?  What if they get frustrated with me?  What if I'm the weakest??  I'm thinking I may need to do more strength training.  I just don't feel like my arms and chest are much stronger.  How am I going to pull myself across bars and over walls?

Okay, enough of my nervous anxiety.  I know I can do this.  I am exercising more than I EVER have in my WHOLE life.

Dear Lord, I know you have called us to be disciplined and hard working.  I can do these things through You because You give me strength.  Please give me Your strength and endurance when I run out.  Please protect my body from injury and help me glorify you in all my accomplishments.  In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment