How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings! (Ps 36:7 msg)

Friday, February 10, 2012

the One who makes me who I am

Okay, I realized I did a lot of whining and questioning myself earlier this week.  I'm over it.  This is hard.  This is time-consuming.  But I'm not weak.  I'm not a quitter.  I can do this.  Since my 8 mile run Saturday, I did a 5 mile pace run on Monday, a circuit training class yesterday, and the kill-me-now power hour class as well as 30 minutes on the elliptical today.  I can do this.

I can do all things.... through Christ.  He is my energy.  He encourages me and gives me strength.  My friends showed me this wonderful bracelet she ordered.  She wears it when she exercises as it gives important information if she were hurt or injured.  But it also serves as a constant reminder and encouragement to her because she has Philippians 4:13 on it.

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.


What an amazing reminder when I start to doubt myself.  I was in the process of ordering a bracelet for myself yesterday, trying to decide what I should put on my bracelet as a reminder.  What is my motivator??  Nothing fits quite like this verse. So, it is going on my bracelet as well.  Along with "weakness is pain leaving the body".  Ha!!  I do not like being viewed as weak in any way.. so this has always motivated me.



Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (MSG)



That is the same verse in a different translation.  I LOVE this translation.  He knows me better than I know myself because he MADE me.  He knows what will teach me, help me, motivate me, and encourage me.  He is my rock and He gives strength to my weary butt.


I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me. (GNT)


Christ gives me the strength to face anything.  (CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment