How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings! (Ps 36:7 msg)

Monday, March 5, 2012

my poor legs

Well now I did it.  First.. the good news.  I ran 12.38 miles yesterday!!  12 were planned.  The .38 were from my missing a turn...lol.  They were a solid 12 miles too.  I started out extremely slow and maintained just under an 11 minute mile.  I didn't want to push myself like last time.  It worked out well.  The last couple of miles were hard, but I did it and even ran up Goliath at the end!

I know I was originally planning on waiting 1 1/2 weeks to run this distance.  BUT, Adelyn is sick and Brock left today to go out of town for the week.  It was yesterday or not this week at all. I prepared properly and my confidence was great!!  I tried not to take myself too seriously by stopping for water, to take pics, etc..
mile 3.5
mile 7.5
mile 11.5
my view.. I love running this 4 mile loop... even if its 3 times!!
Now, the bad news.  This morning, since Brock is leaving and I probably won't get to go to the gym this week with my sickie, I decided to take a 5:15am Barbell Blast class.  Strictly strength training, no cardio exertion.  Well, I showed up and the instructor didn't.  The only other option: Cardio Kickbox.  Now, a normal person would have a) just lifted weights b) gone home.  But, I saw people I knew and was talked into the class.  Bad mistake.  My poor legs did not need to be running laps, kicking, jumping stairs, or doing burpees.  I am now limping around on what seems to be a hurt calf muscle in one leg and a strained knee muscle in the other.  Just peachy.

I took an ice bath yesterday after my run.  I should have taken one today as well.  OK....I'm not going to whine.  I ran over 12 miles yesterday.  In 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Which is my half marathon goal, by the way.  I feel confident that I can run the extra .8 mile in the same time.  I will have competition and adrenaline on my side.  :)

On to a different note:  My personal Goliath lately?  My relationship with Cole.  He has been arguing with me over EVERYTHING.   Going over spelling words:

Me: "Cole, how do you spell happily?"
Cole: "h-a-p-p-i-l-l-y"
"No, it's h-a-p-p-i-l-y"
"That's what I said."
"No it's not"
"Yes it is."

Argh..  Everything is a battle.  I'm starting to not look forward to homework time, meal time, bed time.. you name it.  Today I prayed.  For my attitude.  For God to show me His point of view.  To understand Cole and what is going through his head.  I want to be patient.  I want to be sweet.  I don't want to be grumpy with him.  Lord, show me Cole through Your eyes.  Give me Your patience and kindness.  I am not capable of being the mom I want to be without You.


And just to show you the crazy Cole I know and love.  Here is a great picture I found on my phone the other day.  I didn't know he took one of me in my ice bath.  Don't worry, it's rated G.  LOL

looks like fun


No comments:

Post a Comment